Monday, June 30, 2014

Six Months of Awesome

June 20 marked the six month anniversary of my Meetup group, South Wake Spiritual Community (SWSC)! Since our inception, we have had 42 meetups, covering a wide variety of topics - everything from Yoga, meditation and Reiki to Tarot cards. Currently, we have 39 fascinating members.

The mission of the SWSC is to create positive, tolerant and openminded spiritual community in the southern Wake County area. This is a place for people of all faiths to explore inner and outer landscapes, to learn and grow together!

One of the most popular events is our monthly Meet & Greet, at which we have gather to share our stories over tea. I keep hearing a recurring theme at these events: people are searching for an accepting spiritual community.  I encourage each new member to take a Diversity Pledge and ask them to agree to a set of ground rules that promote respectful, tolerant community. We seem to be headed in the right direction - our group has received numerous positive reviews and comments.

In other news, on June 25, I was initiated as an Ordained Priestess in both my spiritual tradition and by the Universal Life Church, an interfaith organization. This blessed event represents a lifetime of spiritual exploration and study. My mission as a spiritual leader is to bring people together in celebration of our shared humanity and stewardship of this lovely Earth. I am so blessed to have this opportunity to promote tolerance, diversity and healthy living in the southern Wake county area.

Thank you to everyone who has supported the South Wake Spiritual Community by participating, telling friends and neighbors about the group and by sharing your stories. Thank you also to all those who have provided listening ears, guidance and encouragement as I have stepped out into the public on my teaching and priestessing journey.

It's been a good summer so far. My garden is growing, my kitties are happy and just now, the blackberries are in season. Life is good and my heart is full.

Namaste - the light within me honors the light within you!

No comments:

Post a Comment